Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Kashmir lakes trekking is the most beautiful trekking ever done in Kashmir; amongst all the other trekking routes none offers such picturesque beauty. However, this is also one of the least known treks done here. During the course of the famous Kashmir lakes trekking we will cover all the major lakes in the Kashmir region. Some of the lakes in Kashmir have no official names! This should give you an idea as to how remote and untouched this part of the world is.
The purpose of Kashmir lakes trekking is primarily to explore the most beautiful yet remote water bodies of Kashmir valley. It’s a well acknowledged fact that the water bodies and their surrounding regions are the most picturesque and beautiful locations in the state. We will be camping around these lakes for the duration of the trek.
- On the first day we will put you up in either a houseboat or a hotel. Houseboats are particularly preferred by touristsfor the unique experience they provide. These are specially carved and designed boats for people to reside in.
- On the second day we will head for Sonamarg, we will accomplish this in a 3 hour drive from Srinagar. From here we will proceed on foot toward Nichnai via Shekdur. Along the way we will see a lot of beautiful things these include the Sindh river and beautiful Meadows. We will also see lush vegetation and forests.
- On the third day of the Kashmir lakes trekking we will head towardsVishansar Lake. To access this we will proceed via Vishansar pass. Along the way we will the cross lush green Meadows that are really beautiful. This lake is famous for the reflection off the opposite mountains in the water which can be seen when the lake is tranquil, and also for the trout that live in the lake.
- On the fourth day we head toward Gadsar Lake. On the way we will cross Kishansar Lake.This also is a beautiful lake.To reach Gadsar Lake, we need to cross Gadsar pass. This is considered to be one of the most beautiful lakes along the entire trekking route. We will spend the night here.
- On the fifth day we head for the Satsar Lake, this lake is massive and is very picturesque as well. In the backdrop you’ll see snow capped mountain peaks and the entire scenery looks beautiful from here.
- On the sixth day we head towards the Gangabal twin lakes. These are called twin lakes because they’re located in close proximity to each other. The other lake is called Nundkol.
- On the seventh day we go sightseeing in the area and also check out the Harmukh glacier.
- On the eighth day we head toward Naranag, this is the final leg of the trek from here it is basically downhill trekking. From here we finally come to a road from where we receive transportation back to Srinagar. This will conclude our Kashmir lakes trekking experience for the tour.
Kashmir lakes trekking is one of those famous treks which are as picturesque as it can be, seldom does a trek consist of this much beauty. This trek is one of the most beautiful treks.